Kent Lufkin, president and CEO of 3rd Fed Bank, was among six people honored last week at Community College of Philadelphia’s 15th Annual Distinguished Leadership Awards The awards are presented for outstanding contributions to higher education and the local community. Lufkin was honored with the Business Award.
The April 29 ceremony took place at the college’s Northeast Regional Center at 12901 Townsend Road. breakfast.
Besides Lufkin, the honorees were:
• Rob Caroselli (education), principal at Fox Chase Academics Plus School.
• City Councilman Bobby Henon (public official), who represents the 6th Councilmanic District.
• The Rev. Scott C. Dorsey (faith-based), pastor at Mount Zion Baptist Church of Holmesburg.
• Seth Kaplan (community service), chief of staff for state Rep. Kevin Boyle.
• Laura Naylor (youth), a senior at Archbishop Ryan High School.
CCP held similar ceremonies at its Northwest and West regional centers on April 30 and May 1, respectively. ••