Firefighters quickly brought a blaze in a three-story Frankford apartment house under control early Feb. 13.
Executive Fire Chief Richard Davison said the fire at 1300 Harrison St. was called in at 4:09 a.m. and was under control at 4:27 a.m. There were no injuries, he said.
The fire was caused by careless smoking, Davison said.
Nine apartments were affected by the fire, said Red Cross spokesman Dave Schrader. Eight of those were later condemned, he said.
The Red Cross gave financial assistance to three families, Schrader said. The others did not need or want assistance, he said. ••