As of 5 p.m. Tuesday:
- Fishtown’s Penn Treaty Park, at Delaware Avenue and Beach Street, had experienced some flooding from the Delaware River, leaving a line of debris across the park; a neighbor’s photo showed bottles, wood and other trash scattered across the grass.
- Downed power lines had been reported in front of Frankford Hall on the 1500 block of Frankford Ave.
- A utility pole with a transformer atop it, at Richmond Street and Allegheny Avenue, had been nearly knocked over Monday night. PECO was on the scene.
- One neighbor reported a power outage from Frankford Avenue to Front Street and Huntington to Sergeant streets.
- PECO had reported power outages for over 50,000 of its over 679,900 customers.
- A 100-year old garage in Fishtown, at Memphis and Huntingdon streets, was reported to have collapsed with the owner’s Harley Davidson motorcycle inside.
- The Friends of Port Richmond’s Campbell Square reported on its Facebook page that “all looks good in Campbell Square after Hurricane Sandy!”
- According to the Port Richmond Town Watch’s Facebook page and various posts on Fishtown.us and Fishtown’s Twitter feed, most neighbors are still planning on participating in Halloween trick-or-treating tomorrow evening.
A link to The Philadelphia Inquirer’s travel update: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20121030_Travel-at-a-Glance.html?ref=twitter.com
We will continue to update. Have anything to share? Email email@example.com with “Sandy” in the subject line.