City Councilwoman Marian Tasco announced last week that all members of Council will appear for a budget hearing on Tuesday, May 8 at St. William parish hall.
Tasco made the announcement at last week’s Lawncrest Community Association meeting. The budget hearing will start at 6 p.m. The parish hall is located at Argyle and Robbins streets.
In other news from the March 20 LCA meeting, which attracted about 120 people:
• The LCA held a moment of silence for two longtime residents, Diane M. Eves and Elizabeth M. Fuscia.
• Crescentville United Methodist Church recently honored Evelyn Atkinson, who retired as church secretary after 12 years.
A luncheon was held in her honor. Among those who attended were the Revs. Randy Brubaker and Salim Khan, the current and former pastors.
Atkinson is a past president of the Women’s Club of Lawncrest.
• Two candidates made campaign pitches.
Patrick Murphy, a former congressman running as a Democratic candidate for state attorney general, was accompanied by Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 5 president John McNesby.
Also appearing was Joe Rooney, the Republican challenger to U.S. Rep. Allyson Schwartz (D-13th dist.).
• Capt. Michael McCarrick, commander of the 2nd Police District, was in attendance, along with Lt. Tommy Tomlin, Sgt. Frank Barclay and community relations officer Mark Mroz.
• The Lawncrest Community Association will meet again on Tuesday, April 17, at 7 p.m., at St. William parish hall. ••EndFragment