Franklin Mills Advisory Council offers community grants
The Franklin Mills Advisory Council is taking applications for its annual distribution of funds. Requests may be sent to: FMAC, P.O. Box 21189, Philadelphia, PA 19114-0389.
To make contact with grant recipients easier, applicants for community funds are requested to supply the FMAC with an evening and daytime phone number as well as the address of the individual signing the request for funds to make contact with the individual easier should the need arise.
1. All requests for funds must be in writing on official letterhead and signed by an officer or authorized person of the organization.
2. All applications must be submitted by organizations located within the FMAC membership boundaries and must benefit the immediate community.
3. An actual amount of money must be requested (no approximate figures) with appropriate details and support for the proposed expenditures.
4. Applications must be postmarked by March 1 of the year funds are to be distributed.
5. All applications will be reviewed and voted upon by the council, and approved funds will be distributed by June 30.
6. The council will have no liability or responsibility subsequent to the distribution of the funds.
7. Upon being granted funds, the funded organization, as well as the council, will sign a statement at the time of check presentation. This statement will include a release of liability and responsibility on the part of the council and will state how the funds will be used by the recipient organization. Any interest earned on these funds will be returned to the council, and any monies not used by March 1 of the year following the receipt of the funds will also be returned to the council. The council will also have the right to ask for a pre- and a post-inspection and/or audit of the funds received. The scheduling for this inspection and/or audit will be coordinated by the council’s vice president. If the amount of the award is large enough, the council may require the creation of a separate account by the organization that has received the award.
8. If an organization is not granted funds, it may resubmit an application the following year.
9. Copies of the guidelines may be obtained from the secretary of the council prior to the March 1 filing date.
10. The names of the organizations given funds will be published through a news release.
11. No funds will be granted to an individual. ••EndFragment