The 15th annual Cardinal Dougherty High School Alumni Association Soar at the Shore reunion will take place this Saturday from 2 to 7 p.m. at Keenan’s Irish Pub, 113 Olde New Jersey Ave. in North Wildwood, N.J.
Tickets cost $35 in advance and $40 at the door, and include domestic bottled beer, wine, soda and a buffet.
T-shirts and other merchandise will be for sale.
Advance tickets are available at Harrington’s, at 7226 Frankford Ave.; Sweeney’s Verree Tavern, at 7968 Verree Road; Tony’s Place, at 6300 Frankford Ave.; and Hop Angel Brauhaus, at 7980 Oxford Ave.
Proceeds will benefit six charities:
• Liberty USO, in memory of John Kihm (Class of 2009), a Lawndale resident killed in Afghanistan in April.
• Save Wildwood Catholic High School Fund.
• The Danny Craige Foundation, in memory of a 1967 Dougherty graduate.
• The Danny Boyle Scholarship Fund, in memory of Gerard Shotzbarger (Class of 1974), a Somerton lawyer who died in February and was a supporter of the scholarship fund. Danny Boyle was a police officer from Somerton who was killed in the line of duty in 1991.
• The Kevin from Heaven Foundation, in memory of Kevin Flach, a 6-year-old Glenside boy who died last August when he was hit by a car. His parents, Dan Flach (Class of 1988) and Denise Smith Flach (Class of 1990), are Dougherty graduates.
• The Mark Keeley Memorial Fund, in memory of a 2009 Dougherty graduate who was killed in an explosion in January while working for Philadelphia Gas Works. The fund benefits St. Cecilia CYO. ••
For more information, contact Mike Prendergast at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.cardinaldoughertyalumni.com or the 2011 Soar at the Shore page on Facebook.